Library Services & Fees
- Lending services (books, audiobooks, DVDs, Blu-Ray, vinyl records, course kits, and wifi hotspots)
- eBooks and digital audiobooks
- Reference and information services
- Interlibrary loan requests
- Home access to the library catalog, renewals and holds
- Text library staff via GABBIE at 830-282-4960. Renew items, ask questions, and more.
- TexShare Card (borrow materials from participating libraries)
- Access to TexShare databases (includes thousands of full-text magazines and newspapers, Science and Literature databases, online encyclopedias, etc.)
- Computer usage and Internet
- WiFi (password required, available after hours from the parking lot or outdoor seating areas)
- Paid services include printing, copying, scanning, and faxing
Overdue Books: $.25/day per item
Overdue Audio Books, DVDs, Blu-Rays, wifi hotspots, and Course Kits: $1.00/day per item
Lost or damaged items: cost of the item or replacement of the item in good or excellent condition. All replacements must be approved by library staff. All lost or damaged items will also incur a $5.00 processing fee.
Library card registrations are free to residents of the City of Castroville and the Medina Valley Independent School District.
Medina County fee of $10 per household per year.
All other registrations will be charged a $25 fee per person per year for library card privileges.
Copies, Printouts, and Scans
Black and white printouts and copies (8.5 x 11 or 8.5 x 14): $.10 per page/side
Black and white printouts and copies (11 x 17): $0.25 per page/side
Color printouts and copies: $1.00/page
Outgoing fax to (830), (210), or toll-free: $.50/page
Outgoing long-distance fax: $1.00/page
Incoming fax: $.20/page
Donation-based. All donations for the notary service go to Friends of the Library. Not all our staff members are notaries--please call before you arrive to make sure someone will be available to perform the notary.