The Animal Control department helps to ensure that our community enjoys a high quality of life by enforcing laws that protect citizens from dangerous animals and domestic animals from abuse and neglect.
Officers respond to calls during business hours and are on-call for after-hour emergencies that meet call-out criteria.
The Castroville Animal Control Officers provide the following services for our residents:
- Controlling loose livestock on roadways
- Enforcing leash-law and other ordinances
- Investigating dangerous animal complaints
- Investigation of dog/cat bites
- Impounding stray dogs and cats
- Removing deceased animals from public areas
- Investigating animal-cruelty complaints