- Public Works
- AMI Meter Project
- WHAT TO EXPECT
WHAT TO EXPECT
New meter installation informaton:
Ameresco & RTS/ENVOCORE contractors will be wearing bright yellow shirts with partner logos, placards on their trucks/vans, and carrying a letter on City of Castroville letterhead.
- Prior to installation, our Public Works team will place a door hanger on your door to notify you that your meter will be replaced soon.
- On your home's scheduled installation day an Ameresco/RTS/ENVOCORE worker will knock on your door to notify you that the replacement is about to begin and that the water will be turned off to your home. Installers will also be carrying an official City of Castroville letter in the event you have questions.
- If no one answers the door, the installers will check to see if your water is currently running in your home. If the water is not running in your home, installers will turn off the water to your home to begin the replacement of your water meter.
- If the water in your home is running and no one answers the door, then installers will move to the next home and will return to your home later that same day and will try again. A door hanger will be placed on your door if the replacement of your meter was unsuccessful for any reason
- Typical interruption of service is less than 30 minutes.
After water meter installation, if you still notice air or sediment in the house plumbing, please perform additional flushing of interior lines by running a high-flowing line on cold, such as or bathtub, for a few minutes until your system is flushed. Do not use hot water to flush your system.
NOTE 1: Business accounts will be contacted separately to schedule their installation to minimize interruption to their business.
NOTE 2: Electric Meters will be replaced at a future date.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions: AMI FAQs